Saturday, August 12, 2006

Rockin' Out Til 3 a.m.

Being the true nerd that I am, it has been a while since I've seen this side of 3 a.m. (that is unless it's because I'm heading to the airport on yet another painful business trip...). So imagine my surprise that I've made it this far with nary a yawn?

And the reason? This awesome band. Billed by my dear old roomie, Jen, as "My brother Phil's band," she failed to mention that they were kick-ass (and Philly's all grown up-- what happened to that pre-teen I met way back when at VC? You're making me feel old). They played a mix of originals and covers (of which I actually preferred the originals, but all were great). The bass player is also the lead singer... the best combination (yes, my weakness for Sting... and, er, bass' rearing its ugly head...). But he has an incredible voice, amazing range, and is, not to mention, a freakin' talented bass player.

Did I mention that the band was awesome? Creative arrangements, clever lyrics, great harmonies, lots of fun stuff going on (how's that for technical??), music that you just want to bounce to (and we all know how I like to bounce...). Download their music from myspace while waiting for their new album... you won't be sorry.

0 comments: