Sunday, March 05, 2006

A Little Slice of Heaven...

...called Amangani. Located at Spring Creek Ranch (still Jackson, but presumably there's a creek somewhere nearby named Spring), the Amangani is the only United States property owned by the exclusive Aman Resorts. I had dinner there tonight and not only was it delicious, it was beautifully presented (which is of course what impresses me). I started with a roasted beet soup with goat cheese- a gorgeous color! For my main course, I had pan roasted scallops with lobster risotto and a vanilla butter sauce. Ahhh... I always forget that i don't really like risotto, but even so, it was pretty tasty. Then my friend and I split the "banana 4 way" which was a serving of each: sliced bananas with carmelized sugar; banana glacee with caramel bread; homemade banana ice cream with crumbled shortbread; and banana bread with chocolate sauce. But best of all was in fact the view-- with the infinity pool that drops off the edge of the mountain overlooking the Teton Mountain Range. Do I have to leave this place?!

0 comments: