Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Shoe Love

I know I have an unhealthy attraction to shoes, but sometimes there are just a pair that makes my heart skip a beat. Admittedly, since getting married (and having to curb more frivolous spending for practicalities like fixing walls and pipes and things), I've reined in my shoe purchases (oh-- and lack of space, of course). But upon seeing these, I couldn't help but suck in my breath and think, "I NEED." Okay, okay-- I know it's completely irrational to NEED shoes. So I quickly altered that statement in my head to "I WANT." They're called posh wellies. And posh they are, those lovely shiny wellies with a lovely grosgrain ribbon accoutrement. And upon showing them to my very kind and completely indulgent MRN, his only response was, "Those are so you." (See? Very indulgent.) Never mind that I already own a pair of perfectly sufficient wellies (okay-- and I love them; they're purple). And I certainly don't need TWO pairs of wellies... I mean it rains constantly here, but I don't wear wellies that much (although MRN does tease me because I do wear them almost every time it rains... Did I mention they're purple??) But even so, I think I may dream about these... yet another test of my resolve, it seems!

**UPDATE** (A mere two hours after posting)
The more I look at these, the more I think that I DO need them. Doesn't the green one look like Christmas? I know, it's a sickness...

2 comments:

M. L. Benedict said...

I think you need them...and maybe umbrellas to match!

maikib said...

Oh, Aunty Mikie! You are a woman after my own heart! :) xoxo