Friday, May 12, 2006

P.S.

In my overzealousness to capture the oversized umbrella comment, I forgot the most important part: the problem with the ridiculously large umbrellas is not that they're ridiculously large (well, okay, we know that I don't exactly believe that), it's that the men (and sometimes women, as my friend Steve has pointed out-- Kristina, your large umbrella doesn't count b/c it's also protecting a baby and stroller... see, people? THREE under the large umbrella!) who carry them seemingly lose all sense of personal space. Because they're so big, they literally knock everything over that's in their path... I cannot tell you how many times my umbrella has been knocked out of my hands into oncoming traffic and bowled over by a delivery truck (okay, I may be exaggerating slightly); or how many times I've been hit in the face b/c the offender is totally oblivious to the sheer size and has an shameful disregard for any other human in the world with their self-centered approach to umbrella-carrying. If they had any sense (or respect for another human being) they would AT LEAST lift the umbrella up so as to not poke someone's eye out.

But, I think this blog entry got the most comments EVER. Whoohoo. Wait 'til my post on the death of chivalry (another passionate tirade of mine...).

0 comments: