Friday, February 04, 2011

What to write

I'm in awe of people who can blog everyday. I know they exist because I follow them-- religiously. They have this knack-- and art, really, of engaging you to WANT to read what they have to say-- everyday.

Unfortunately I have neither this ability nor gift. Partially because I can't think of something to blog about everyday. And if it's ain't interesting to me, who out there in cyberspace would be interested?

I attribute part of the death of blogging to facebook and twitter. Why write a novel about something you can tweet in a sentence? (Plus, I have to admit, that fact that those vehicles force an over prolific me to tone down my prose into short tidbits of information is better for everyone).

Of course, it's very tempting to use a blog as a diary of sorts... and way to spill guttage. But that's not fun for anyone-- particularly the author when (s)he looks back on old posts and wonders "what the heck was I thinking?!?"

All the same, I still push myself to encounter something inspiring everyday. Thanks to the faithful few who continue to visit to see what's up with this wannabe wayfarer.

Speaking of which-- thinking of Cyprus in March. Anyone ever been? It's still cold (around 60 degrees F), but something adventurous about it (and importantly, somewhere I've never been...). :)

0 comments: