Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Randomness Outloud

1) Netflixed the movie, "Stay." Had never heard of it, but the cast was interesting and eclectic (Ewan McGregor, Kate Burton, Naomi Watts, Bob Hoskins, Janeane Garofolo, Ryan Gosling), so I thought, why not? Well, turns out there's a reason why I had never heard of the movie. If anyone can tell me what it was about, please do.

2) Was channel surfing and came across, "America's Got Talent." Glorified "Gong Show" without the 70s kitch... and does Regis Philbin really need any more publicity? But there was one act: "
At Last" (I found them on My Space!) that was actually good. Okay, so it might be that I'm a tad bit partial to a cappella... but even better? They're Asian! Asian rock-a-pella (or as they define themselves, "hip-hopapella." Heehee). All you a cappella geeks out there will understand... Tommy Pyun, where are you? YOU are the only Asian a cappella stud that I know... (in case you were thinking, "my god! Tell me how to buy that album!", don't. There are instruments...sacreligious!)

3) If you shower at night and put your wet hair up in a towel and then do the dishes, you can dry your wet hands with the towel in your hair. Very multitask-ish / multipurpose-ish.


Sleep well.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Maiki,

I am e-mailing this post to a friend of mine who is male, Asian (Filipino, to be exact) and sung a cappella in college. I know he will get a kick out of it. And who knows...maybe he'll check out the link. By the way, did you see the guy who balanced a lawn mower on his face while people threw what looked to be melons at the blades? NICE.