Saturday, July 29, 2006

Dixie Bound

I'm seeing the Dixie Chicks live this w/e. Yeehaw!! (That seems appropriate... ah, who am I kidding; I always say that). I'm so PSYCHED! (I'm dating myself... what can I say? I'm a child of the 80s). I've been listening to their albums for a month in anticipation, and I'm ready to sing every song with them (harmony of course). And especially my favorite karaoke song, "There's Your Trouble."

And then I get to support the Chicks and help them rage against the machine. Okay... bad music reference. Sorry. But, people who previously liked them but now don't b/c of the whole George Bush thing? Get a brain. It's called free speech people. It doesn't mean that they aren't proud to be American-- remember the whole America being built on freedom of speech, freedom of religion and the like?

If you haven't heard the new album-- take a listen... a REAL listen. It will make you think. God forbid.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

so jealous...so very, very jealous. we don't get country music concerts in Hawaii. funny since a lot of hawaiian music borrows country songs. ah well, i live vicariously through you most of the time any way :)!