Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Update! Home Sweet Home

After a few weeks of angst, and lots and lots of phone calls, spreadsheets and heart to hearts, I am moving to the little house I posted about earlier. Yay! No, the UK banks did not have a change of heart and decide to lend me the money-- they still think that due to my limited work permit arrangement that I'm a bad risk; BUT, my genius fiance talked the real estate agent and owner of the house into renting it to us! Since the market is so terrible and she can't sell it, but needs to get out, we get to rent it! Of course, it means finding a renter for Mark's current house, and still needing to do a ton of work to get this place in shape to rent (central heating, anyone?), but if all goes well with credit checks and all, we will get to move in December 1, just in time for all of my earthly belongings that have been in storage since February to arrive.

So, cross your fingers that there are no further hiccups and I will finally no longer be homeless!!

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Thank GOD for the new entry cuz I am scared of the Warrior photo... And, more importantly, yay to a decision! It will be such fun to move in and have all of your things again!!

alohab said...

YAY! You forgot to mention that on the phone today :).