Thursday, July 10, 2008

**UPDATED**Introducing: Makena Anne Allen

My newest niece was born early this morning (2:30-ish Hawaiian time): Makena Anne Allen. She's beautiful and perfect, just like her big sister, Nanea (and cousin Charlotte). Makena is Hawaiian for "calm, of the sea." It also has an alternate meaning of "weep for joy." Both, I think, very appropriate for the newest addition to our brood of girls (three sisters; three nieces-- for the time being, that is!). So as not to steal ALL of the proud parent's thunder, I won't post stats... but couldn't resist sharing a photo (and, besides-- no one reads this thing anymore because I never post...). Welcome to our nutty but loving family, little one!

5 comments:

ccesca said...

Hey Mikie,
I check your blog frequently... always wondering how you're doing. Congratulations, auntie. What a beautiful baby, little Makena.
Are you with your sis in Hawaii right now?
xoxo, claudia

Hero to the Masses said...

She is gorgeous. Congrats Aloha B! Or A is it now?

Anonymous said...

She's so lovely, and her name is perfect. Oh, and it's not true that no one reads your blog...though I DO turn off the sound to avoid that drum thing! Thank you for the beautiful picture of Makena.

alohab said...

Thank you Hero to the Masses :). And I'll always be Aloha B!

I'll post pics on Makena's blog soon, along with her middle name and stats.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mikie,
Your blog does get read along with the updates on the nieces. It was good to see all three sisters together last week.
Wai