Saturday, October 20, 2007

UK-Bound

No, not permanently-- but for a business trip next week. London and Manchester. Strangely enough, have never been to London, despite many hours (and I mean MANY hours) spent in Heathrow. Good news that despite the fact that it hasn't been touched since the 1970s, there's a satellite Harrods in the airport, so it's at least an entertaining way to pass the time... but I digress. So I'm looking forward to London... I'm hoping to have some time to explore and see Buckingham Palace (I am a royal-watcher; can't help it; I was a girlie-girl and loved Princesses, of which Di was the epitome, of course), and the Tate (sooo looking forward to that), the REAL Harrods (the food hall-- can't wait), the National Gallery, and as much as I can fit into a few days (in between meetings and those silly distractions). God save the Queen!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Be sure to make an appointment at the Tate to see the little Turner watercolors. You have to look at them with a docent, but they are fabulous and you'll love them! Bon voyage!

Erika (aka "e") said...

Have a great time! And even though it seems touristy, The Big Bus tour is something I do every time I'm in London - great guides and an easy way to get to all the top spots - you can hop on and off for 24 hours (they may have upped this now) and it also comes with a river tour and walking tours (we did the Beatles one). You should look into it if you have a free day and want to ensure you see everything. You will have fun no matter what!

- e