Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Do You Hear What I Hear?

Well, here we are: January 2007. A brand-spankin'-new-year.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed, but throughout the month of December, the title of every post was a title, lyric or other such description of a Christmas-themed or other holiday song.

This was no small feat.

Why, you ask? Can't you simply insert "XYZ" song in the title and call it a day? Well, indeed you could, but I for one, made every effort to tie the said song title/lyric/description into a relevant and appropriate blog entry. Some are classics while others a bit obscure (translation: stretch).


So, here's your challenge/fun activity: Can you name those tunes? Bonus points for original recording artist (okay, any recording artist). To recap:

  • winter wonderland
  • it's the most wonderful time
  • singing songs of joy and peace
  • grown up christmas list
  • i've got my love to keep me warm
  • it's christmas time
  • baby it's cold outside
  • the greatest christmas gift
  • jingle bell rock
  • driedel, driedel, driedel
  • he said hey, i said what
  • this boy's letter to santa claus
  • i'll be home for christmas
  • christmastime is here
  • christmas in nyc
  • the good old days

9 comments:

alohab said...

OK, OK, I'm going to attempt. And I won't cheat by going on iTunes.

*Winter Wonderland - Bing Crosby
*Wonderful Time - Karen Carpenter
*Joy & Peace - no idea...don't even know how this one goes...
*Grown-up Xmas List - James Taylor (and also Amy Grant)
*Love to Keep me Warm - I can hear it, but can't think of who it is. It's a lady, and it's on the Elf soundtrack...
*It's Xmas Time - BAND-AID (right??!?)
*Baby It's Cold outside - Zooey Deschanel and an old guy from the Elf Soundtrack
*Greatest Xmas Gift - ??
*Jingle Bell Rock - ??
*Driedel - Beats me!
*He said Hey - ditto
*This boy's letter - ditto squared
*I'll be Home for Xmas - just about every Xmas ever made, but I'll go with Bette Midler for this one in honor of her new album
*Xmastime is here - ditto thirds
*Xmas in NYC - you told me and I forget. Should have used the Rob Thomas one because at least I would have known it :)
*The Good Old Days - no clue again

So, do I win a prize for the attempt. Of course it's pathetic because I never know the names of songs, nor who sings them. I'm better if you sing the song to me.

Please post all the answers :)!

maikib said...

**HINT**

Not every one is the actual song title-- some (basically, the ones you didn't know...) are lyrics from the song... except the old one isn't either, but I gave the answer in the blog entry...). does that help?

maikib said...

Oh, except some of them are song titles... christmastime is here... think animated boy and his dog... so a little bird told me...

Hero to the Masses said...

He said hey, I said what is OAR I think.

maikib said...

methinks no one actually watches the fun videos that i post... that one's the easiest one! (And did OAR record a christmas album that i'm not aware of...?)

alohab said...

Must Be "Funky Funky Christmas." NKOTB rocks!

maikib said...

hurray!!! you win a prize!!! (clearly i'm just givin' them away...)

Hero to the Masses said...

You should both be ashamed you know any of the lyrics to "Funky Funky Christmas."

Liana said...

and you two are having WAY too much fun with such a cerebral game! Just reading the directions sent me running in the opposite direction!