Saturday, April 08, 2006

P.S.

Meredith-freaking-Viera (my affectionate name) was named the new co-host of the Today Show. Notice I didn't mention her in my recent entry. That would be because I didn't actually think they'd do it. COME ON. She may be a NBC alum (local Rhode Island Reporter), and yes, a former 60 Minutes correspondent. But recent c.v. entry? THE VIEW. Inarguably the most annoying program on morning television. I don't even watch the show and it annoys me. If Star Jones is in one more headline, as though she's an actual celebrity, my head may very well explode. She may have had a legit pedigree, but she chose to be on "The View" and totally wiped away everything she'd done in the past. And now she's joining the longest running #1 morning news program in the country.

Can I have her agent??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

100 percent agreement with you! This is where Today becomes Yesterday. I'm so sad. My prediction is that she doesn't last more than 2 years. Maybe then we'll get Kelly Ripa?

Anonymous said...

Hey, Maiki, why aren't you posting?

maikib said...

"I was wrong..." she sheepishly admitted. "She's not so bad."