Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Pink Floyd

There was a rebroadcast of a Pink Floyd concert on PBS, of all places, tonight. It was filmed in 1994, and of course I watched the entire thing... classics like "Wish You Were Here" and Dark Side of the Moon's "Money" were performed... along with a fantastic light show extravaganza and other effects. Gotta love it (and wouldn't I have loved to sing back-up for them... okay, okay... I'd sing back-up for anyone, but Pink Floyd?! Those back-up singers were awesome).

It made me think back to one of my first dates (that I cared about), where P.J. took me to a laser light show at the Griffith Park observatory-- all set to the music of Pink Floyd. Today? Well, 1) it made me feel old and 2) it made me remember what it felt like to feel giddy and excited about the promise of something in the future... something new and without limitations or expectations or weight. Kind of like a more recent experience... Promise. Hope. Despite my best efforts, something I can't seem to shake.

0 comments: