Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hello, Mr. Heartache...

I've been expecting you.

The Chicks rocked. One of the best concerts I've been to. Natalie Maines has an incredible, and when I say incredible, I mean INCREDIBLE voice. They performed for 2+ hours and at the end, she was still belting every song and rockin-out all over the stage. Country stars? Pshaw. Rock stars all the way.

Other things for me? Well, not so rocking. But, a story for another blog, perhaps. It's along the lines of that whole "how many times do you have to get kicked in the head..." thing. Is it possible to have too high of expectations for your life? Maybe that's been my problem all along. That whole optimism/hope/believing in people thing. I guess I have to just temper that with some cynicism every once in a while... I'll try... again.

Question of the day:

Do you believe that there's such a thing as too much hope/love and that people aren't, at their core, selfish bastards?

Talk amongst yourselves (or, comment if you prefer).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe that at their core, people are good and decent human beings. They do things sometimes that suck, mostly because they're scared or have horrible self-esteem, etc.

And I really hope there's not such a thing as too much love. That would be very sad. Not as sad as the fact that the A/C in my office in on the fritz, but almost as sad.

Anonymous said...

Dorothy Parker:
Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song,
A medley of extemporanea;
And love is a thing that can never go wrong
And I am Marie of Roumania.