Monday, August 14, 2006

I Think I May Have Found Mecca...

And further reinforcement of my need to go to India... NYT Travel today: "... Palace of Ayurevda, [a sign at the entrance] that says, ' Please Leave Your World Here.'... You have agreed to forsake all known forms of vacation decadence (rice gruel for dinner, anyone?), to give up meat, alcohol, caffeine, leather accessories, sunbathing, swimming and mindless frivolity in order to purify and balance your whacked-out Western body and soul. here you immerse yourself in ayureda, the 3,500-year-old herb-based healing tradition that still flourishes in the daily life of India." Okay, not doing it justice... but believe me, it sounds incredible. Unfortunately, it requires beacoup bucks, which of course, I have none. Damn. I hate when things get trendy.

In other (interesting) travel news:
  • Killer Whale Safaris: 7-day safari through the Lofoten Islands. If anyone can tell me where that is, you get a prize.
  • Atlanta's first (self-proclaimed) boutique hotel (a little too trendy for me, but a little shout out to the folks from Atlanta I met this weekend, since Atlanta doesn't typically make NYT travel).
  • Abruzzi, Italy: a wild, mountainous region of Italy, east of Rome
  • Brooklyn Country Music Festival: as the author writes, "The one-day Brooklyn Country Music Festival kicks off on September 9, which raises the inevitable question: There's a country music festival in Brooklyn?" Haha. I love it.

0 comments: