Monday, September 06, 2010

Fall faves



























































































Even though it's all-Fall, all the time here in England, I still look forward to my favorite season. I like the way the air changes-- it feels and smells different, and it gets me thinking about Halloween and Thanksgiving and all the yummy smells and food-- apples, pumpkin, cinnamon, oh my. I also love fashion in the fall-- the twilight period before digging into winter coats... where you can get away with a cardigan thrown over your dress and adding some tights. I live in skirts in the fall / winter-- throw on some heavy tights and some boots and I'm perfectly content. I'm a girly-girl at heart, and I'd much rather be in a skirt than slacks (which I'm in most of the rest of the year). So the promise of brisker weather puts me firmly in my happy place.

I'm loving the resurgence of plaid combined with feminine details like ruffles and flowers this season. Plus all the fun detailed cardigans. And skirts with horses? How much better can it get for this now country-living girl? I also love pairing unexpected patterns, textures and colors-- something Anthro does oh-so-well. Now only if I could get there easily enough...

Images from Anthropologie (is there any other?): Sea Fan Sweater, Painted Night Skirt, Half Pass Jacket, Paisley Paths Skirt, Marston Sweater Skirt, Summer's Reminder Cardigan, Best of the Bunch Cardigan, Easy Keeper Skirt, Stable Skirt, Terrace House Jacket, Ruffled Plaid Dress, Herringbone Sweater Jacket

3 comments:

Aohoku said...

i actually really like that "mustard brown" jacket with the simulated ruffles; very fashion forward. and i also liked the dress below it (with the details across the bodice); now if only i had a body to wear it. lol

Kristina said...

Awesome jackets! Beautiful clothes. Making me want to shop. Baby weight go away!

Joyce S. Grant said...

Wonderful collection of fashionable dresses for spring and winter. Beautiful dresses looking very amazing and cute. There is a myriad of options to choose from; we compiled a few of our favorites below
mini skirt, blazers and sports bra