Saturday, September 04, 2010

Coveting

Even though I am on a self-imposed shoe ban, boots are a must-have English year-round item. You see, it's cold and rainy ALL THE TIME, so investment in boots is justifiable. I'm still waiting on my Wellie's, which enough hints to MRN might bag them this birthday... but in the meantime, I'm coveting these babies from Anthropologie. I mean, what could be more perfect? Leather with ruffles? Sure, not so versatile, as I couldn't really use them for work... but lots, and lots of leisure. Plus, no heel, so I could actually walk around in them. I love all things Anthropologie. They opened their first European store in London last November, and I've made frequent trips. It's massive, but they don't have the same great sale rack as my beloved State Street store in Chi-town, and buying retail is not as satisfying (or wallet-friendly). Of course, I do indulge in small items (hats, headbands, socks) but mostly save for impromptu US trips (while the GBP has taken a massive hit in this downturned economy, it's still a bit better than the USD). The new Fall catalogue just came out and I'm drooling over all the wool skirts, cardigans and checkered tights. I think a trip to Anthro will be in order for this month's trip to Chicago!

1 comments:

Kristina said...

I want to hug them too.