Friday, March 09, 2007

Reason 501 Why I Love Apple

Apple computer, that is.

By now, you all know the sordid details around my last trip to
Canada. And thanks to the trusty Vancouver Police Department, Apple Canada and my dear Daves, I finally this week, got my stolen computer BACK! Take THAT you Canadian identity fraud thiefs.

Because the computer was password protected, I took it into the Apple Store's genius bar to see what could be done. Not only were they easily able to break into it and download tons of data on the culprit, they were also able to salvage mostly everything from the hard drive (that the police had said was wiped). So I got photos, documents (like my journal!) and other essentials back. HURRAY!


So now they have it to repair the hard drive damage (darn Canadians dropped it; it has a healthy dent in the right side as well, which they'll repair) and really wipe the hard drive to restore it to original manufacturer condition. And since it's still within the 3-year AppleCare warranty, I don't have to pay for it. Yeehaw.


Now if I could only figure out how to get the stupid sticker that the creeps stuck on the cover off...

2 comments:

Liana said...

1. Boo hoo to Canada and the police department
2. YIPPEE for Apple!! Gotta love them!
3. It's about time you posted again!

But how was your trip?

Hero to the Masses said...

The sticker? One word....or actually 2.

Hair dryer.

Trust me. It weakens the glue holding the sticker on.