Friday, February 18, 2011

Genius?

Am I the only person who thinks Lady Gaga is a total freak? I mean... 72 hours "incubating" in an egg to be "hatched" at the Grammy's to sing a song that is literally Madonna's "Express Yourself" with different lyrics (seriously-- sing Express Yourself over Born this Way... it's the same song). Don't get me wrong... Gaga's tunes get my toes tapping. She's even on my workout mix. The really irritating thing is that she really can sing-- she's uber talented. So why all the theatrics? It's annoying. But maybe that's what makes her genius. Everyone talks about her; everyone is waiting to see what she does next. And no one will say a remotely negative thing against her-- read the press, watch the news-- it's seriously like there's been a spell cast over the media. That in itself is genius.

3 comments:

Kittie Flyn said...

I agree with you - Lady Gaga is so out there. Her tunes are catchy can she sing a capella? Ke$ha is out there too. Maybe I'm old but they're popular because of shock value not because they're musicians/singers. My two cents. :)

Hollyz World said...

I think I'm just too old too. I totally don't get what all the fuss is about... althoooo I did take the girls to see Justin Bieber in 3D, and now am a believer in him <3 <3 <3

maikib said...

i'm with you holly... mark always says he's an old man (he really is sometimes), but it occurred to me when watching the grammy's that I must be getting old! i just don't get it!