Thursday, February 17, 2011

Channeling Elton

This performance is so deliciously BIZARRE that I couldn't help but post it. Muppets? Big guy in armor and feathers? Is it Carnival? Or is it that people just have to do crazy crap to top Gaga (which, try though you might, you can't). And, oh Gwyneth. There's no doubt that you have a good voice. You totally rocked it out on Glee; but this performance was awk-ward with a captal AWK. Listening to it back isn't bad because she sounds great but doesn't have the lungs (or maybe practice) to belt it out on stage live. But she just looked so uncomfortable (I think it was the shoes-- or maybe the writhing around on the piano). Maybe stick to singing on screen? Don't get me wrong-- I still worship her. She's definitely concentrating-- it reminds me of when I performed because I think I always looked like I was in a little bit of pain instead of having fun with it.



This version however? Made me dance around my living room:



Let's go get some tacos! I *heart* her.

1 comments:

alohab said...

i actually liked the grammy version :). ya, she wasn't a rock star, but it was bizarely fun.