Saturday, July 01, 2006

Lost Luggage

I guess I could have been more creative with the title, but alas, the heart of the matter is indeed, lost luggage.

So, given the amount of work travel that I inevitably must endure (because of course it's to exciting and exotic places like Hartford, CT), you'd think that I must have experienced my fair share of lost luggage. But until the great 2006, I've been very lucky (even in my days of arriving to the airport 10 minutes before a flight... whoops). This year however, I've had five lost luggage experiences; two on my most recent excursion.

Yes. Twice. That means, going out AND coming home. The first was a doozy... because, not only did they lose my luggage (although, according to the United Airlines rep, my luggage was not "lost" because they knew exactly where it was), they wouldn't deliver it to my ultimate destination because it was outside of their "delivery radius." Ummm... yeah. And upon my return to ORD, guess what? LOST LUGGAGE. So not only was I subjected (aka crammed) into the most cramped seating in the airline industry (translation: UA SUCKS. DO NOT FLY UNITED. THEY HAVE EXPANDED "ECONOMY PLUS" TO THE SAME DIMENSIONS OF FIRST CLASS AND STOLEN THE SPACE FROM THE REST OF THE CATTLE CLASS TO MAKE MORE MONEY FOR THE SPACE, WITHOUT THE SERVCE) and crappy service (translation: people in the service industry who clearly don't want to be-- go get a data entry job, I tell you!!), but they lost my luggage TWICE, and I got 'tude both times... when it was THEIR fault.

Nothing like ending a trip on a positive note... God. Do I need a vacation (sans air travel).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good thing you're getting one on Sunday, albeit you do have to get on a plane. Pack everything in a carry-on, then no lost luggage. That's what I've been doing since traveling standby. Unfortunately can't now since I travel with too much baby gear...see you soon :)!

Anonymous said...

Stupid United. Too bad Jet Blue doesn't fly into Chicago.