Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Petits Pots

Oh Whole Foods, how do I love thee... let me count the ways.

This time it's because of the little pots of French yogurt that I picked up. These are pretty common in France-- all different shapes, colors and materials (glass, ceramic, terracotta). These little gems came in the form of painted blue terracotta pots with "La Fermiere"-- The Farmer-- carved in the side.

I loved the presentation and the weight of these-- also that the containers can be recycled-- in my case, I'm going to plant herbs in them. They'll be such a sunny addition to my window sill! Plus-- the yogurt was delicious. No non-fat option here (it's French, after all). The yogurt is sinfully rich and creamy and comes in a variety of flavors-- I tried honey; vanilla (with real vanilla beans); and strawberry and gooseberry (pictured) which is a lovely combination of sweet and tart. Yummmm.

Now if only I didn't live 200 miles from the nearest Whole Foods.

2 comments:

alohab said...

LOVE it! I was wondering what a yogurt pot was when you posted it on fb :)

Kristina said...

Don't be sad that you live so far from a WF. They are getting more and more obnoxious, less healthy and more irritating. Although I still go every Sun night. :-)