Saturday, March 19, 2011

Anthropol-obsessed

Got to see my wonderful friend Mary C. in London this week who was here visiting family before starting her new job in NYC. She's like a breath of fresh air, and I always love seeing her (and having her snap me out of whatever doldrum I happen to be whipping up at any given moment). She's also one of the most stylish people I know, so always up for a shopping jaunt around the city (be it NYC or London). So I was happy that she indulged me with a trip to Anthropologie.

As per usual, I hit the sale racks which like most Anthro stores are prolific and cheap. While I like to think I have endless supplies of money, I don't. Plus the continued poor economy and threat of tanking business does not bode well for my continuing to earn money. Not to mention that EVERYTHING eventually goes on sale-- especially at Anthropologie, where you can probably even pick something up at cost. And I'm nothing if not patient.

Since I work from home, my wardrobe has shifted from work attire to at home attire... but I like to at least look a little put together, even if I'm just wearing jeans. Plus, I'm a girly-girl at heart, so like to have some sort of embellishment, whether it's a necklace, or embroidery and something in my hair. I suppose one day I'll be too old for this-- or maybe I already am... but until I feel like I am, I'll steam ahead.

So I picked up these shirts that are great for layering and pairing with shorts or skinny jeans for a more casual look, or dressing up with heels or a blazer for a night out. maybe one day I'll work in an office again in which case I can break out all the suits that are tucked away in the back of my closet. Until then, casual friday is everyday in the this house.



















(mine is cream with gold detail... but for some reason there wasn't a corresponding photo on the website...)

1 comments:

Kristina said...

$5 pants M, $75 pants K
$4 shirt M, $89 shirt K
$11 jacket M, $111 jacket K

you have the magic touch!!!!