Friday, September 01, 2006

Hello, I'm a Mac

While I don't know that anyone (or thing) can ever surpass my love for Sting, Apple comes pretty close. I love my Mac. In jest (and okay, in somewhat seriousness) I talk about my decision to spend an exhorbitant amount of money on a laptop being based on the fact that because I work for THE MAN in one of the most tedious industries known to man, my Mac keeps me legit... in that even if I'm spending all day in the most uncreative of environments, I can come home to my little piece of creative heaven and know that there's a piece of me still tied to some sort of aesthetic.

I stopped by the store recently to pick up a new case for my iPod, and they are even uber-efficient in person (and not just online). Clerks walked around with hand-held computers that had little credit card swipers (that's the technical term) so that you didn't have to wait in line to purchase anything-- just hand it over, they do the little transaction, scan your card and ask if you'd prefer to have your receipt e-mailed to you (because if you're a Mac owner, they have all of your info on file so when they scan your credit card, ta-da! You're all set). "Why yes!" I exclaimed, and upon arriving home and checking my e-mail, there was my receipt. Ah... the thrill of technology.
No viruses, no crashing, better resolution than my television. Not to mention a clever ad campaign... the "I'm a Mac" guy (Justin Long) happens to have gone to Vassar. So OF COURSE Mac has to be fan-tastic. Get on board-- join the revolution.

1 comments:

alohab said...

I really want one...but I of course have NO creativity or artistic sensibilities, so don't really have the need for one. But, they are OH SO COOL!! If I ever change jobs (to the flower one), I may have my excuse, since my boss has a Mac, and it would make sense to be able to sync everything. One day...