Friday, March 14, 2008

Welcome to the World, Baby Kieran!

While I've been a total space cadet lately (move? homeless? pshaw!), it's absolutely no excuse for not spreading the news about the birth of Kieran Andrew Patel (son to my dear friends, Montu and Casey). He's beautiful like mom and, like dad, has a head of hair. Heehee. He decided to arrive 5 weeks early (weighing in at a whopping 4 lb 8 oz), and is spending some time in the NICU for a couple of weeks-- but his parents assure us that he is doing really, really well-- breathing on his own and digesting food. He just needs an extra bit of TLC (and truth be told, as his father's son, is likely eating up the attention from the nurses. After all, we know that those Patels are ever popular with the lay-dees). And Casey, the rock star that she is, delivered nary a drug in her system (she's a better woman than I will be).

And the best thing? He's 5 days old and has his own website. A whole website! How cool is that?? Looking forward to keeping up on all of Kieran's adventures.

Congratulations, you three! XOXO.

2 comments:

alohab said...

oh, I love their site! Please send my congrats along to the Patels for me. He is just too precious. I loved the movie. Casey is a champ! She looks about a million times better than I did for not having any pain meds. I had the works and still was a WRECK afterwards.

Hero to the Masses said...

The kid's middle name is Andrew? Not Graham. This is bogus. I'm talking to someone.