Sunday, January 14, 2007

Hau'oli la hanau, Nanea!

I have been terribly remiss in blogging, as my friends Liana and Kala'i reminded me tonight! But all for a good reason-- helping to prepare for Nanea's baby luau! I'm in Hawai'i, and have just had the pleasure of attending my niece's first birthday-- quite an event, with more than 250 people (and kids!) in attendance. I was stationed at the craft table, next to "Balloon Monsoon" who could literally make any kind of balloon animal you can think of... my specialty however, was temporary tatoos. I have a butterfly on my ankle to prove it. Oh what fun. The food, cooked by my amazing brother-in-law and "Papa Pili" was incredible (YES-- for 250 people), and every last detail-- from the butterfly theme and orange and blue balloons (which was the color scheme for the party, from invitations to cake), to the party favors and goodie bags for the kids, customized by age group, of course, was perfectly orchestrated by my sister. In all, it was an incredible party that I'm so happy to have been able to be a part of (not to mention, another great reason to spend some QT in sunny and warm Hawai'i).


2 comments:

Hero to the Masses said...

Congrats. Now get to the beach and work on that tan. You need to get your "vacation" on.

Anonymous said...

okay, need to tell Aloha to post some pics of the BIG event....Hope you two are having a great time together!