Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Just Another Moronic Monday

And today, that moron would be me. Not only did I have to return home twice this morning after walking out my door-- (the first, from my lobby to return to retrieve my computer... yes, this would be good to bring to the office so that I might actually, oh, I don't know, work; and the second from two blocks away to retrieve my office building pass... seemingly an unimportant item unless you consider it also holds my ladies room key, which if you pee as many times a day as yours truly, is an essential item).

Upon arriving at work (VERY late at this point), I realized that, when reaching into my purse for my wallet so I that could purchase a much-needed cup of tea, I'd left my wallet at home. The dawning realization of my wallet in the pocket of my ski jacket because I didn't want to carry a purse yesterday when meeting friends for brunch washed over me. Not only had I had a crappy morning, I wouldn't get my daily dose of caffeine, nor would I actually get to EAT. So now I sit here typing, listening to pasta boiling in my kitchen (even though I swore off pasta) because it's the easiest and fastest source of substenance, and I couldn't pick up dinner on my way home (as is my custom) because they'd probably want money in exchange for food. Not to mention that I'm trying to curb my whole "spending money like I think I have it" impulse. Tomorrow is another day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to my world...I'm lucky to remember the baby bag most of the time, not to mention remembering to stock it. I've taken to just leaving my wallet in there since my purse normally gets left somewhere in the house. Where is that thing any way :).

Anonymous said...

Don't you have anyone you can bum money from? That's what fake work friends are for...!